Are you a talented and passionate artist excited to create meaningful environments in VR? Do you consider yourself a team player who thrives in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary development team? Our ideal candidate has a keen sense of art fundamentals, aesthetics and is able to complete the full process of environment creation.
You will create gray box visual, asset sets and define most visuals of the environment. You will work close with our Creative Director and be mentored by the Senior staff around you. We are looking for an Intern Environment Artist to grow with us in one of the most exciting jobs out there. If you are motivated to work with international industry veterans from Sony, Crytek, Yager, Relic, Rare or NCSoft then Join Playsnak!
- Define the look and tone of a scene or environment
- Support the asset team in generating, conforming and modular assets
- Maintain the art direction and meet performance targets throughout the production process.
- Create models, textures and set pieces, based on concept art and the need of the project
- Work and learn closely with the mentoring artists to model world content
- Integrate and setup art assets in game engines like Unreal4 or Unity
- Help to resolve content bugs and blockers for production
- Help to resolve various development issues related to environment and level design
- Help us to tailor workflows to our needs and document the results in written form
- experience in 3Ds Max or Maya
- knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 and Unity 3D
- passion for playing and creating games
- Ability and willingness to meet deadlines
- Fluent in English
- Highly self-motivated
- Production knowledge of various aspects of game production including modeling (low poly and high poly), lighting, texturing, animation.
- Knowledge of ZBrush, Photoshop, Excel, Substance Designer and Painter
- Completed personal (game) projects
- Concept art skills are a plus
- Experience with VR development